Office: 360.825.2720, Mobile: 253.670.8546, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Award-winning front-end web designer and digital marketer known for helping real estate, professional services and municipalities create captivating digital experiences. A mind filled with over 20 years experience in creative visual design, planning, problem solving and product development, I ensure that projects get done on time, on budget and exceed expectations.
President & Creative Director, VisualStudio.tv, Inc., – 2007 to present.
Founder and President responsible for all aspects of business development, client relations and subcontractor services. Personally performed or oversaw creative design including brainstorming sessions, conceptual client-facing pitches, client revisions, and print production, coordination including press checks, video/photo shoots, and web publication. Project managed and directed development of small business html, and wordpress-based websites.
- Assisted marketing directors and business principals in print, TV, Radio, and billboard ad campaigns and product positioning which contributed to a large increase in sales year over year, with a maximum of 300 million plus gross sales. Client: Capstone Homes, campaign: “Creating Communities”
- Acted as overall marketing director to create community branding, marketing pieces, and sales center for a partnership of 3 different corporations that led to a stunning sell-thru and created multiple new millionaires for the principals.
- Directed development of online auction platform, AssetZoom.com including overall branding creation, signage and advertising campaign.
- Directed development of AskFLIN.com a local area, healthcare service listings search engine which included management of multi-national developers and is a proprietary content management system with robust advertising capabilities.
- Acted as a trusted consultant in guiding resistant business principals into the web world.
- Created and fostered Chinese relationships for print vendors that led to successful import of print materials of extraordinary quality at a significant discount.
Owner / Senior Designer / Project Manager, Paradigm, -1995 to 2007
Sole Proprietor managing sales and marketing, business development, account management, design, production, financial’s, vendors and subcontracting.
- Contributed to successful marketing campaigns and influenced budget outlays for multi-million dollar corporations.
- Responsible for authoring and crafting the “Dreams Happening” marketing campaign in 2007, client: Soundbuilt Homes.
- Engineered one of the first Digital Reader Board Billboard campaigns for Clear Channel Outdoors, client: Soundbuilt Homes.
- Developed and implemented successful marketing strategy for luxury residential real estate community including brand development, signage campaign, and targeted direct mail which resulted in an accelerated sell-through leading to release of division 2 prior to all partner’s expectations. Client WE Ruth, project: The Ridge at lake Sawyer.
- Designed and implemented successful rebranding of a residential real estate building company which directly increased profit margins by improved customer perception in the midst of an economic downturn of 2001 contributing to a record-breaking sales year. Client: Capstone Homes, Inc.
Senior Designer / Account Manager, Icon Imagery, Inc., -1996 to 1999
Senior graphic designer responsible for client relations, account management, proposals, budgets, design and production. Successfully managed business principals and art directors in supplying necessary marketing collateral. Provided accurate estimates of design and production costs, met extremely tight deadlines and managed multiple projects simultaneously. Was awarded a “MAME” award for “best Brochure for a Builder” in 1999.
- Led multi-company partnership in design of Logo for luxury residential community. Clients; Murray Franklin, Chaffey Homes, John Buchan Homes, project: “The Highlands at Newcastle”
- Created and fostered many relationships while leading a creative team of client principals, offset printers, sign makers, interior designers and writers in visual and communication strategies for successful creation of sales centers, signage campaigns, web and print marketing.
- Created many pre-sale, conceptual, visual designs that led to successful sales of residential and commercial real estate projects including virtual presale of yet-to-be-constructed multi-million dollar condominium projects. Sample client Trammel Crowe Residential, project: Villa Firenze in Bellevue.
- Provided high quality, successful advertising and marketing materials for Creative Consultant clientele.
Senior Artist, Trikk Screenprinting, -1990 to 1995
Senior artist and department head in charge of creating retail sales line of imprintable sportswear and fashion tees, developed cutting edge print techniques for 8-station, automatic, screenprint presses.
- Engineered multi-colored spot printing processes which led to streamlined production, greater efficiency, higher margins and happy customers.
- Setup, and personally operated production printing presses from 4 station manuals to 8 color automatics.
- Directly created many corporate identity designs.
- Influenced business direction and large equipment purchases.
- Oversaw production staff of up to 6 individuals.
OTHER RELEVANT SKILLS:
Marketing / Communications / Project Management:
- Comfortable maximizing return on small budget projects.
- Ability to mentor and direct staff / subcontractors, including multi-nationals.
- Strong skills in group leadership, facilitation and mentoring.
- Strong skills in verbal and written communication.
- Strong skills in liason between techies and executive management.
Graphics / Web / Print:
- Lifelong traditional media artist skilled in drawing, watercolor, acrylic and oil painting as well as wood, stone, and metal sculpture.
- Accomplished spot color print designer and vector-based graphic designer.
- Master-level digital illustrator with over 20 years experience in FreeHand and Photoshop applications.
- Past illustration clients include Washington State University, America Online, Sony and IBM, John Buchan Homes, & DR Horton.
- Creative typesetter knowledgeable of custom font construction requirements.
- Possessing an accomplished eye for composition, balance, and visual flow in design elements and layout.
- Conceptualized, scripted, directed and produced broadcast TV commercials.
- Consultant on social media efforts for small businesses.
- Familiar SEO and SEM processes, manages SEO team at VisualStudio.tv, Inc.
BFA in design, Washington State University.
Relevant Software Expertise:
Primary software platform Mac OS.
10+ years experience with Adobe Creative Suite.
20+ Years experience with Photoshop.
20+ years with Aldus / Macromedia Freehand, FreeHand Guru.
Real Estate Industry MAME award, “Best Brochure for a Builder,” for Stafford Homes in 1999.
Washington State University Campus Directory Cover Contest Winner 1989
Community Soccer Coaching: 20 years Youth Soccer Head Coaching, girls and boys to 17 years old.
City of Enumclaw Arts Commissioner. Public Arts Committee Chairman.
Enumclaw Sign Code Review Committee.
Served multiple terms as Board Member of local churches.
Elected Precinct Committee Officer for the 33rd legislative district of King County.
Loving husband of 23 years.
Father of 4 wonderful children including two teens who still speak to me.
Completed two years of Ancient Greek Language Studies
Scored genius level in spatial ability testing.
Lover of beautiful things.
Loyal to a fault.
Professional references available upon request.